Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 314 cals
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over zucchini and let sit for 10 minutes to drain water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (235 degrees C). Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake pastry shell in preheated oven for 5 minutes; remove foil and bake until shell is lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and zucchini until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cinnamon; spoon vegetable mixture into crust.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 20.9 g fat; 21.5 g carbohydrates; 11.2 g protein; 174 mg cholesterol; 912 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
instead of mixing the cheese i suggest to put it all over the top abd bake it in....it gets crusty and oozy from the top!
Make sure you drain the veggies really well before tou spoon it in. Other then that you can use whatever veggies you would like.
I used the veggies I happened to have ready in the garden that day, zucchini (shredded), cherry tomatoes (halved), and jalapenos (sliced). I also changed the spiced to cumin and chili powder to ...
My first attempt to make a quiche and it was a delicious success! I was skeptical about the spice combo, but it was perfect once I added a little smoked paprika. I used a whole wheat pie crust (...
I omitted the garlic and curry powder only because I have a sensitive stomach to spices. I used fresh grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese with the egg mixture also to make it creamy. It's easy...
I have made this dish several times and we love it. I didn't change anything in the recipe. Perfect veggie quiche!
I used a 6" quiche tin that I salvaged from a bought one, & made my own pastry for this dish, I didn't have a lot of the ingredients for this recipe, so I basically used what I had. I used beate...
Very, very tasty. I used red pepper instead of curry powder, and used 1/2 cup of cheddar instead of the 1/4 cup of Parmesan. I added in some vegetarian sausage too. Cook time of 45 minutes wa...