Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 508
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Place four tortillas in prepared pie plate, overlapping and extending 1/2-inch beyond rim; place remaining tortilla in center. Layer sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and green chilies over tortillas. Combine eggs, heavy whipping cream, ricotta cheese, and chili powder in a bowl; slowly pour egg mixture into pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven until center is set and puffed, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and cut into wedges.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 508 calories; 38.7 12.9 27.3 288 905 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
I had a half pound of chorizo sausage to use, I used that instead of plain pork sausage. I also did not have ricotta, I used "trim" cottage cheese instead. This was great--using corn tortillas a...
This is so simple and absolutely delicious! I was panicked b/c I didn't have heavy whipping cream but found an emergency substitute online (3/4 cup milk + 1/3 cup melted butter = 1 cup heavy cre...
Enjoyed this... added spinach, used leftover homemade chorizo and leftover red bell peppers
Very good recipe. I'm wheat free, and I liked the corn tortilla crust. The tortillas need a spray of oil or brush of butter for the exposed pieces though. I subbed chorizo for the pork and on...
This was really good. I made 1/3 recipe for two of us. I used lowfat milk & cottage cheese. I'll definately be making this regularly
My kids love this recipe. Works great for my gluten-free eater as well. Everyone is happy!
I also used chorizo and reduced each cheese by 1/2. I wouldn't say it was delicious, but it was good.
I doubled the recipe and used an emu egg In lieu of 12 chicken eggs. The doubled recipe fit nicely in a 9x13 baking dish. I used 9 corn tortillas to line the dish and doubled the ingredients. ...