Tapia Family's Meatloaf
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 279 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef, Mexican-style tomato sauce, eggs, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, green chiles, garlic and herb seasoning, and garlic powder in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Place mixture into a large loaf pan and shape into a loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatloaf is no longer pink inside and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf shows at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- I sometimes will even use 1/2 cup of grated carrots as well when I use bell peppers instead of canned diced green chiles. If I use bell pepper, I will also make up an envelope of brown gravy that I have added 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms to as well. Use all ground beef or 1 pound beef and 1 pound ground pork.
- I save a little tomato sauce (1/4 cup tomato sauce) to pour on top in the last 15 minutes of baking if I not going to make a brown gravy to serve with it.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 15.5 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 22.4 g protein; 117 mg cholesterol; 647 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This was a nice twist on meatloaf, even my picky husband enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!
very tasty meatloaf. used regular tomato sauce and added some chili powder. skipped the chopped green chiles, only because i didnt have any. and also used pork, veal, and beef mixture as opposed...
simple dish-great for the weekday meal. Perfect as " a little something different".
This meatloaf was delicious although I did have a couple small changes to it. I used garlic and onion tomato sauce since my grocery store did not have the Mexican tomato sauce. I added about 8...
This was delicious. I made a few changes based on what was on hand: I sauteed 1/4 diced onion, 1/4 diced jalapeno and 3 smashed garlic cloves and used in place of the green chilis and garlic p...
I made this recipe as written with one exception. Instead of the using the hot tomato sauce I used one cup of a local made salsa. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing this.
I've been making this meatloaf for a while and can't believe I haven't rated it before now. It is really good. The hot sauce in the can is important as we've tried it with regular sales as wel...
My boyfriend said it was better than his mothers!!!!! What a compliment!!!! And all 4 of my children loved it too!!!