Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 259
- Combine jalapeno, garlic, kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a mortar. Grind into a paste.
- Pour lime juice, orange juice, and vinegar into a glass bottle or lidded container; add garlic mixture and shake well. Place steak in a shallow bowl and pour marinade over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until steak absorbs flavors, 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove steak from the marinade and place on a cutting board. Season with salt and pepper and slice against the grain into thin strips.
- Grill until slightly charred and light pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- You can marinate for as little as 1 hour but do not marinate for more than 8 hours or the meat gets mushy.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 259 calories; 21.7 2.8 13.7 36 295 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is my favorite kind of taco. In my area we use corn tortillas instead of flour and instead of topping with lettuce, guac, and pico we use cilantro, raw chopped onion, and green or red sauce...
Brilliant! Utilized the ingredients to marinate a flank steak. We were seeking a greater Latin flavor especially with a lime component. Too many recipes opt for the vinegar as the main but this...