Zucchini Relish with Sweet Peppers
Ingredients10 h 45 m servings 59
- Toss zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper with kosher salt in a large bowl. Allow vegetables to rest for 8 hours; rinse and drain vegetables thoroughly.
- Heat vegetables, sugar, cider vinegar, cornstarch, celery seed, and turmeric over medium heat until thickened, about 50 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the zucchini mixture into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 30 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all).
Per Serving: 59 calories; 0.1 14.6 0.4 0 359 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This recipie turned out amazingly We tripples this recipie and added nutmeg and black pepper..Highly recomended
Very good but I added pickling spices instead of just celery seed and turmeric. Liked it better . I use this to make my tartar sauce. My family likes better than bought tartar sauce. Gloria
Amazing flavor. Just the right amount of sour and sweetness. We added just a little bit more of colored peppers (had a half of one from other recipe from Allrecipes. I'm loving this recipe so...
Made as directed, only processed for 10 minutes in a water bath as suggested by the Ball Blue Book for canning.
I cut this down by A LOT! I used only peppers instead of zucchini mix and I left out the ground turmeric. My whole family loves it!
I doubled the amount of sweet peppers and used all red for a zippy colour. I also doubled the recipe and it made 27 half-pints. Good thing I have a super gigantic canner and had extra lids and r...
This recipe is a keeper! My husband and his co-workers loved it and want more!!! Guess what I'm doing today????....