Zucchini Relish with Sweet Peppers
Ingredients10 h 45 m servings 59
- Toss zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper with kosher salt in a large bowl. Allow vegetables to rest for 8 hours; rinse and drain vegetables thoroughly.
- Heat vegetables, sugar, cider vinegar, cornstarch, celery seed, and turmeric over medium heat until thickened, about 50 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the zucchini mixture into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 30 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all).
Per Serving: 59 calories; 0.1 14.6 0.4 0 359 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
This recipie turned out amazingly We tripples this recipie and added nutmeg and black pepper..Highly recomended
Delicious as written. Made in the amount written and came out with 12 - 1/2 pint jars.
Very good but I added pickling spices instead of just celery seed and turmeric. Liked it better . I use this to make my tartar sauce. My family likes better than bought tartar sauce. Gloria
Amazing flavor. Just the right amount of sour and sweetness. We added just a little bit more of colored peppers (had a half of one from other recipe from Allrecipes. I'm loving this recipe so...
Made as directed, only processed for 10 minutes in a water bath as suggested by the Ball Blue Book for canning.
I cut this down by A LOT! I used only peppers instead of zucchini mix and I left out the ground turmeric. My whole family loves it!
I used jalapeño do give it a kick ..and backed off on the sugar ...and use pickling spice .... easy and amazing