Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients27 m servings 82 cals
Original recipe yields 48 servings (4 dozen)
- Beat shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and almond extract until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating until well blended. Shape dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly with fingertips. Gently press an almond into center of each.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just set but not brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- *Substitution: You can substitute 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening for 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 4.7 g fat; 8.8 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 29 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These are delicious! I made them for my husband's new boss who is allergic to dairy. Problem was I wanted to eat them all myself. I used a cookie scoop to form the balls, and this worked well...