made it | 0 reviews |
Crisco Baking Sticks®
"These pretty little cookies with espresso powder and nutmeg are topped with chocolate sprinkles--perfect for a coffee break."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 85 cals
Original recipe yields 54 servings (4 -1/2 dozen cookies)
- Beat brown sugar and shortening at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee. Beat until well blended and fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into two logs approximately 2-inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, cut logs into 14-inch thick slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle center of each cookie with chocolate sprinkles.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- * Substitute: You can substitute 1 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks for 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening.
Per Serving: 85 calories; 3.8 g fat; 11.5 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium. Full nutrition