Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 369
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine water, tripe, vinegar, salt, vanilla, and bay leaf in a large stockpot over high heat. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam that accumulates. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Transfer tripe to a plate and set aside to cool. Reserve 1 to 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and onion; cook and stir until pancetta is browned and onion is translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir garlic into pancetta mixture; cook and stir until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Stir marinara sauce, 1 cup reserved tripe liquid, and red pepper flakes into the pancetta mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cut tripe into 1-inch cubes and add to marinara-pancetta sauce; stir to combine. If needed, add 1 cup of the reserved tripe liquid. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix garbanzo beans and mint into the sauce. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 14.6 35.8 22.8 198 1723 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Fantastic! Tender and delicious. The mint added a unique flavor to the dish. Made it according to the directions, and it was superb.
Recipe was good, I didn't use pancetta and it was still flavorful.