Savory Gorgonzola Bread Pudding
Ingredients55 m servings 247 cals
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Generously grease 4 ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until dry, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and salt; cook, stirring, until onions are light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chicken stock, cream, thyme, and black pepper into skillet; bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir bread cubes and chicken stock mixture in a large bowl until well combined. Stir in 1 ounce crumbled gorgonzola cheese. Divide mixture evenly between 4 prepared ramekins. Top each with a small crumble of gorgonzola.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 15.4 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 589 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I did this as an accompaniment to Chef John's Steak Sandwich and WOW! We loved both. Did not change a thing. This will be a frequent side dish with beef in our household. Thanks so much for shar...
We thought this was delicious! I actually had some leftover 'garlic and herb' breadsticks to use up, so I used them in place of the Italian bread (which worked out great), and omitted the thyme ...
Great side dish for grilled/broiled/baked beef meals. Made it like stuffing in a 9x13 in the oven. Used Blue Cheese since that's what I had and added a few baby bella's. Just make sure you add e...
I have made this a couple of times and it's amazing. One ounce of cheese is not enough if you like it. Made this with 60 second brussel sprouts and a nice steak. Yummmmmmm!
This was wonderful. Such easy prep-work for such a rich and delicious sidedish. As a huge blue cheese fan, I'd have this any night of the week, not just with steak, and I think it would make a...
Yummy! Made this first thing on a cool winter morning! Delicious with bacon!