Ingredients10 m servings 530 cals
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut bread into 3 1/2-inch rounds using a round cutter.
- Spread peanut butter into the center of 2 slices of bread, leaving 1/2-inch space around the border. Repeat with the jelly for the remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Place 1 slice jelly bread and 1 slice peanut butter bread together and press down edges to form a seal. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Place pies in preheated oil and cook until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 40.1 g fat; 37.8 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love Chef John. I mean, seriously. How awesome is this guy? Pinchy Pies? You had me at Pinchy. I love the recipe, his cadence, and all his little jokes. Give this man his own show. :)
Outstanding PP&J Pinchy Pies!! I tried it with thin sliced ham and various cheeses. All had their own pop, as it were; however, I found American cheese the best in my humble opinion.