Ingredients1 h servings 596
- Place duck skin and fat in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Cook until fat renders and skin is crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skin with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate, return pan to stove, and increase heat to medium-high.
- Stir in potatoes with salt and black pepper. Cover and cook, stirring every few minutes, until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove lid and cook, stirring, until potatoes are well-browned and crispy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in green garlic, cover, and cook 2 minutes. Stir until onions are soft and dissolved, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a plate and top with crispy duck skin.
- Cook's Note:
- The recipe is the easy part, finding duck skin is a little more challenging. Finally, you can go to a butcher that sells whole ducks, and have him break one down for you. Tell them you'd like two nicely trimmed breasts, two leg quarters, and all the excess skin from the rest of the carcass. They will smile knowingly, and say no problem (for extra credit, ask for the bones, which you can roast and make a killer stock).
- If you can't find green garlic, regular onions, leeks, shallots, or scallions are all fine substitutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 596 calories; 51.4 32.8 3.8 51 15 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Hubs and I are duck fat newbies but since being introduced to it we are now duck fat aficionados. I don't think we'll ever do roasted or fried potatoes without it again. Because it already is ...
Potatoes cooked in duck fat. What's not to love? We had received garlic scapes in our weekly CSA basket this week and this was a perfect way to use them. The duck fat, which is not nearly as u...
Flavorful! Could not find a duck, so I used the Graisse de Canard (Duck Fat) I bought when I was in France. Green garlic is out of season, so I used Green Onion. Seasoned with French Herb Salt a...
Made with bacon instead of duck (don't know where to find it) and put garlic in it and love love love. Next time I want to put onion in it.
YUUUUMMM!!! I didn't have the green garlic, and really don't know what it is, but it sounds like a cross between a green onion and garlic. So I substituted with those :) This is delicious!!!