Ingredients1 h servings 289 cals
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Cut in shortening with fork until even crumbs form. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping.
- Whisk milk and egg until blended. Add to remaining flour mixture, stirring just until evenly moistened. Spread evenly in prepared pie plate. Spread topping on batter to within 1-inch of edges. Combine reserved crumbs with nuts. Sprinkle evenly over topping.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- *Substitute: You can substitute 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening for 1/2 cup Crisco® All Vegetable Shortening.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 16.1 g fat; 32.9 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 208 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Used fresh strawberries cooked down with honey, perhaps its better with the processed sauce, but would try again; good basic recipe to work with
This was easy enough for an amateur baker like myself! I swapped the ice cream topping with Smucker's Strawberry Jam (that's what I had on hand). Mine was much thicker than the picture shown but...