Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 372 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes; fold in zucchini and walnuts. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is well mixed. Fill prepared muffin cups with batter about half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Gradually beat confectioners' sugar into cheese mixture until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over completely cooled cupcakes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you do not have powered sugar you can simply pulse in a blender/processor/magic bullet/coffee grinder regular sugar.
- Coconut oil is solid at room temperature and good for you. Measure as you would any other solid shortening. If you are not familiar with is please try it.
- You may add milk by the tablespoon for a thinner frosting or flour by the tablespoon to thicken.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 20.4 g fat; 46.6 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 187 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm not an avid baker but 2 Tablespoons of baking powder is a bit much I think. I made these and was very disappointed with the results, they came out with flat tops and were all crumbly. They ...
this was a vary good recipe to do for a family get 2gether, my family absoulutely loved it!
I made this with 1 cup of honey instead of all the sugar, spelt flour instead of regular flour, 1 whole shredded zucchini and 2 whole shredded carrots, and I absolutely loved the results! It tas...