Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 496 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and place a layer of waxed paper in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Butter and flour the waxed paper layer.
- Mix flour, white sugar, pineapple, baking soda, eggs, 1 cup coconut, and 1 cup walnuts together in a bowl. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool for about 15 minutes in the pan; run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen from pan. Flip onto cooling rack.
- Whip butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until light and creamy. Frost the cooled cake. Top with about 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use two 9-inch round baking pans.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 20.6 g fat; 75.9 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 191 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
If you are looking for an easy and simple recipe that has good flavor, you may want to consider this recipe. I made half of the recipe using one 9” cake pan that I lined with parchment paper. ...
This was an excellent cake. I always try to make the recipes as shown.
I absolutely love this recipe---it's a winner. I've made it several times now and add about 1/4 cup more flour, 1/2 t. of salt and 1 t. of vanilla to the cake batter. This is my new favorite ...
This is a delicious, dense cake, and I loved it! I made a half version in a round 9" pan that I used cooking spray and parchment paper. The recipe called for a 320 oven temp which I've never see...