Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 118 cals
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and chocolate hazelnut flavored spread. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonful 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- TIP: * If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- BAR COOKIES: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Follow recipe above to prepare dough. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread dough evenly in pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and center feels slightly firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Place 3/4 cup semi-sweet chips with 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening in a resealable plastic bag; seal. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; knead bag. Continue in 10 seconds intervals, if necessary, until melted. Clip off corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies or bars.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 6.7 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 1.3 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 75 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
OMG if you love hazelnuts like we do, you'll love the Jif Hazelnut Spread and these cookies! We enjoyed them with milk and I sneaked some with my coffee for breakfast. Even crushed a cookie ov...
I did not have Jiff Hazelnut spread but did have Nutella. I know as Jiff is the sponsor of this recipe, this could be deleted. lol Anyway, Since I was feeling lazy, I made this into a bar cook...