Greggae's Bacon Trout
"I took my 3-year-old fishing for the first time and we caught two trout. I never made trout before. I literally made this recipe up as I went, with what I found in the kitchen. I checked other recipes to get cooking times. I went a little longer on the cooking time because of the bacon. I'm only posting this because the entire family loved it."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with foil.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat; heat butter until partially melted. Stir in lemon juice, jalapeno pepper, green onion, and garlic; stir mixture into a paste. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place each trout onto a large sheet of aluminum foil and stuff the cavity of each fish with butter paste; place a dill sprig and a bacon strip into the cavity over the butter mixture. Fold foil over fish and wrap edges to seal tightly. Place foil packets in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake foil packets until fish flakes easily with a fork, 26 minutes. Let fish sit in foil packet for 5 minutes before unwrapping. To serve, transfer fish from foil to a serving plate; discard bacon. Flesh of fish will be white and skin will peel off.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If using a grill, place foil directly on grill and flip at 11 minute mark; cook for 22 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 18.3 0.6 30.6 118 310 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1