Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 546
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Generously season lamb chops with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Place lamb chops in Dutch oven and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer lamb to a plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir onion and a pinch of salt into the Dutch oven; cook until onions are slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour pomegranate juice into the Dutch oven and scrape any browned bits off of the bottom of the pot. Pour in balsamic vinegar, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Stir rosemary, mint leaves, and red pepper flakes into pomegranate juice mixture. Continue to boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Return lamb and any accumulated juices to Dutch oven, spoon pomegranate mixture over lamb, and cover.
- Cook in the preheated oven until meat is fork tender, about 2 hours. Transfer lamb to a plate and set Dutch oven on the stovetop over high heat. Bring pomegranate mixture to a boil; cook, skimming any fat that accumulates, until liquid is reduced by 1/3, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in honey and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Return lamb to the Dutch oven; stir to combine. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, sliced mint leaves, and pumpkin seeds.
Per Serving: 546 calories; 34.1 23.3 34.9 134 190 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
What a delicious recipe! My husband, kids and I loved this lamb. Very tasty and so juicy. I highly recommend this recipe for those who like Moroccan style stews and lamb. I didn't have lamb chop...
Made this for my boyfriend. He loved it! Very tender and juicy. Paired it with butternut squash for a nice fall dinner.
This was great. The pomegranate juice inspired me to take a cue from Persian cuisine, so when preparing the braising sauce I (as the boss of my sauce) added cloves, a pinch of dried ginger and s...
We've made this a few times, and its excellent. We've used different cuts of lamb, from shoulder, to leg and they have all worked excellently. We've also done this recipe once in the slow-cooker...
This is my "go-to" special occasion recipe. All guests are always amazed and well fed! I serve with Moroccan Couscous recipe from All Recipe app for a complete meal. Well worth the time waiting ...
This was a fantastic recipe -- very rich and flavorful with an appealing complement of flavors. The presentation was equally wonderful. I must offer my compliments on the recipe instructions, as...
This recipe is awesome and other than getting the seeds out of the pomegranate, it was pretty easy!
This was falling off the bone and delicious. I picked up the PomWonderful juice and later realized that it was their pomegranate/cherry juice rather than straight pomegranate. Did not matter, ...