Pizza with Ham, Asparagus, and Ricotta
Ingredients37 m servings 1129
- Preheat an oven to 550 degrees F (285 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook uncovered until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes. Once asparagus is cold, drain well and set aside.
- Combine ricotta, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and heavy cream in a small bowl. Stir in fresh herbs (if using) and set aside.
- To shape the pizza dough, sprinkle the countertop and dough surface with flour and lightly pat flat. Use a rolling pin to form a thin disk about 9 inches in diameter. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread ricotta mixture over crust, top with ham and asparagus. Sprinkle with Cheddar and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses.
- Place baking sheet on the bottom rack of the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to the top rack and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe calls for Chef John's Easy Homemade Pizza Dough.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 1129 calories; 57 115.4 36.7 71 2246 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
I was looking for something different & yummy, and man, did I hit the jackpot! This pizza was phenomenal! All the ingredients were perfect together, and the husband, 14 & 6 year old ate it up. I...
This was delicious! That being said, I think I prefer it as an appetizer (on a super thin crust/flatbread) rather than as a meal as it is quite rich. I followed the recipe, though I did use do...
So good! I used a loaf of Italian bread for the crust, since I'm yeast-bread phobic and none of the ready-made crust options looked very appealing (and were expensive). So given that the recip...
This is a family hit! I cheated a bit, used a thin crust in the tube pizza crust and always dust the pizza pan with cornmeal and a very thin coat of olive oil to prevent sticking. We like spicy...
This was a nice way to use asparagus, but it was very rich! Also, I used one clove of garlic, instead of the two recommended, but the finished pizza had a sharp garlic bite. Roasted garlic mig...
Incredible recipe. I've never had asparagus on pizza before and it was really good! Pretty much followed this recipe exactly.
I wanted a white sauce pizza that didn't use a jar of Alfredo sauce. This was fantastic! Didn't have cream so I used milk, but that was the only change to the sauce. I was needing to use some le...