Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 57
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 mushrooms)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop enough stems to make 1/2 cup (125 mL). Reserve.
- Heat oil in a skillet set over high heat. Split the sausage casings and crumble meat into pan. Add the onion, chopped mushrooms and rosemary. Brown, stirring constantly. Drain off fat.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese. Blend in the ketchup and parsley. Spoon into mushroom caps and arrange in a baking dish. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are golden. Makes 16 servings.
- Twist 1: For a simple garnish, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and chopped fresh parsley.
- Twist 2: For a milder version, use mild Italian or Bratwurst sausages instead of hot.
- Twist 3: For a fiery appetizer, add additional heat by using Heinz Tomato Ketchup Hot & Spicy instead of regular ketchup.
Per Serving: 57 calories; 3.2 4.1 3.4 9 185 Full nutrition