BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Ingredients40 m servings 367
- Cook the bacon until just opaque. Blot on paper towels. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Wrap each chicken breast in bacon, securing strips in place with toothpicks. Set aside. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Blend ketchup with maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice and garlic. Brush half the sauce all over chicken. Place chicken on grill and turn heat down to medium. Grill, turning and basting twice with remaining sauce until bacon is almost crisp, about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over chicken and sprinkle with chives. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Twist 1: For a club-style sandwich, place the chicken on crusty rolls. Top with sliced tomato, pickle, cheese and, of course, ketchup.
- Twist 2: For an elegant twist, wrap chicken breasts in sliced prosciutto instead of regular bacon.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 10.4 37 31.5 85 1379 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
This was an awesome recipe! I used skinless chicken breasts & made it in the oven in a Pyrex dish. I sprayed the dish with olive oil spray. I used BBQ sauce & added the mustard &a fresh lime wed...
I made this on Father's Day weekend. It was very good. I used organic bacon and I like to have things a little spicier so I cut back on the ketchup but added 1/2 a cup of Chilli sauce. It tur...
I loved it!!! I made it for my husband and I and he enjoyed every bite! Totally going in the cook book! Thanks!
It was pretty good overall, but a little too salty for my taste. Most of the family liked it but eventually peeled off the bacon due to the salt content. Next time I may buy a low sodium bacon.
The sweetness of the sauce + the bacon is delicious! Instead of grilling, I browned the bacon-wrapped chicken in a pan before baking it in the oven and it came out very well. Make sure to check ...
This recipe was so good! I imagine using the basting sauce for chicken without the bacon would be great and plan on trying sometime!