Healthier Bread Pudding II
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 156 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8-inch square baking dish. Mix in raisins and apple. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up egg mixture.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Place bread pudding baking dish into a large roasting pan. Carefully pour boiling water around pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the middle of pudding comes out mostly clean, about 45 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe is a healthier version of Bread Pudding II.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 4.5 g fat; 24.4 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 123 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 29
my family really liked the bread pudding. I woulld definately make it again. It was very easy and I have most of the ingredients in my home already. I
I put all the wet ingredients into a bowl, then added the bread. That way I could really make sure it was moistened without slopping it all over the place. I added more apple (with the skins o...
Wonderful recipe, not too sweet. Used almond milk in place of regular milk, and it came out better that way--the almond flavor really complements the other ingredients in the pudding. Used pear ...
Delicious! I love the apples in the recipe, and it's fantastic that it's healthier
If you don’t care for sweet desserts, you may want to try this subtly sweet bread pudding. The raisins and apples add just enough sweetness and flavor to make this a delightful dessert that’s a...
Delicious! This recipe was just want I needed. I used pears instead of apples and brown sugar. It turned out great!
Absolutely 100% delicious! I substituted: Vanilla Almond Milk, Grain & Seed bread(all I had at home) added Sliced Almonds and Dark Chocolate chips. I also sprinkled the top with Dark brown suga...
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for! I am happy to report it worked with gluten-free raisin bread too! I skipped the butter since I was already using whole milk, and I used Granny Smi...