Ingredients45 m servings 380 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place one cheese slice and one ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick. lace in baking dish and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken breasts are no longer pink in center and juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from oven and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe is a healthier version of Chicken Cordon Bleu I.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 18.9 g fat; 5.8 g carbohydrates; 44.7 g protein; 123 mg cholesterol; 708 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious.. love the combo of flavors. My only tweak was brining the breasts first
This recipe was excellent, almost authentic northern bavarian,(German) thicker layer of bread crumbs on top yielded very moist and juicy chicken breasts underneath. No Leftovers
Super easy, simple and tasty. I used low-fat Italian cheese and deli ham with Panko crumbs. Just a lighter fare. Still came out juicy, pretty and very tasty