Ingredients51 m servings 207 cals
- Stir garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl and stir until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near tail and once near head. Discard marinade.
- Cook shrimp on preheated grill until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Editor's Notes:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- This recipe is a healthier version of Marinated Grilled Shrimp.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 7.2 g fat; 2.8 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 230 mg cholesterol; 472 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 39
Very good shrimp! Rather than marinating these in a bowl, about an hour before dinner, I threaded the shrimp on wooden skewers that had been soaked. I put them in a baking dish and poured the ...
This is a keeper! One of my favorite recipes! Try it, you won't be disappointed!
Excellent....used extra jumbo shrimp....marinated for 2 hours....also used a homemade marinara sauce and dried basil since I had no fresh on hand....really yummy. Family enjoyed....Will make aga...
Wow! This was so good even my husband enjoyed it and he's not a huge fan of grilled shrimp. Very easy and takes practically no time at all. I opted for a couple shakes of tabasco vs. cayenne pep...
Had this today. Used tomato paste instead of sauce (that's what I had on hand) and it came out delicious.
Made this last weekend and everybody loved it, I had 2lb of large tiger shrimp and marinated 50% in this and 50% in a marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, g...
So very delicious! I doubled the recipe and used half to marinate the shrimp and half to baste shrimp while grilling. Marinade coated shrimp very nicely...very delicious and fresh flavor! It may...
Loved this recipe ! I made it and put it in a whole wheat wrap with lettuce ! Simple and still low calorie for the health nuts like me