Ingredients9 h 15 m servings 223 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange beets in a baking dish and pour in water; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beets are tender, about 1 hour. Allow beets to cool overnight; remove outer skin and chop beets into bite size pieces.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, red wine vinegar, and black pepper together in a bowl. Stir beets, onion, and walnuts into vinegar dressing. Sprinkle with blue cheese, parsley, and salt to serve.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 8.5 g fat; 32.3 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 356 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 30
This is a great way to use up beets from the garden. It was very tasty even without having the sweet onions and parsley to include. I also used feta, since that's what we had on hand. I always w...
Great salad recipe as-is! I think the key with the onions is to use sweet onion. I also let them soak in the dressing before adding the rest of the ingredients.
I didn't like beets as a child, but have been challenging myself to retry foods. I LOVED this recipe! Great flavors and textures!
I LOVE pickled beets and this tastes just like them! I could have eaten the whole bowl by myself. I didn't even include the walnuts, onion or parsley and they were still that delicious. I use...
I thought I would eat this entire dish myself! The onion, dare I say it...overpowers the dish a bit, I would scale back to a scant tablespoon, or omit it to really concentrate on the beet/blue ...
I love this salad! I am Casein intolerant, so I just omitted the blue cheese.
I made this recipe per directions and it was wonderful. If one is not fond of feta cheese this salad made with blue cheese is great. Am making it again for dinner and I will be made again many...