Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 94
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Toast walnut pieces in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until aromatic and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine apples, onion, chives, and parsley in a bowl and toss well.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; drizzle and whisk olive oil into vinegar until emulsified. Pour dressing into apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Gently fold walnuts and blue cheese into apple mixture just before serving. Spoon filling onto each endive leaf.
- Cook's Note:
- I can get between 4 and 6 usable spears off of each endive. This is probably the most expensive item. I typically use the rest of the endives in a salad later, chopping or slicing them and incorporating them with other greens.
- The dressed apple mixture can be refrigerated overnight before adding walnuts and blue cheese if desired.
- Keep the blue cheese cold just before stirring into apple mixture to keep the blue cheese from turning creamy.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 7.4 5.9 2 < 1 39 Full nutrition