Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 537
- Stir sour cream, sorrel, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix flour, masa harina, baking powder, and 2 teaspoons salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Gradually pour butter and water into flour mixture while mixing at lowest speed; mix until a dough just starts to come together.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, flat surface and knead 3 to 4 times. Separate dough into 1 1/2 ounce balls, cover, and let rest for 1 hour.
- Press each dough ball in a tortilla press lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap; transfer each tortilla to a baking sheet.
- Lightly coat a cast-iron pan with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and cook until lightly golden, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Stir in chicken; cook until browned around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in onion, kale, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until kale is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken-kale mixture into each tortilla, top with sorrel sour cream, and serve.
Per Serving: 537 calories; 23.6 68.5 17 48 1814 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
definitely will be making this again, probably for guests next time! I typically don't post reviews when I've altered the recipe, but because I think these alterations will make this recipe more...
This is really great- you don't even taste the kale (which is a plus for me) - and We have never used the sorrel becuase we haven't found it in our store...don't even know what it tastes like. B...
Great recipe, i only used half a lime and it turned out great
I live in Friday Harbor and I know what a treat it is to dine at Pablito's. Everything there is made from scratch and is amazing. How wonderful to have a recipe to try at home. Thanks Paul fo...
Sounds great. I do have a question. The video lists 2 teaspoons baking SODA, while the ingredient list specifies baking POWDER. Can anyone clarify please?
(partial review for now) LOVED THIS!!! Will make again often!!! And, let me add, I will never ever buy store bought tortillas again. These were sooooo good and very easy to make. I made them ahe...
I would have never thought to put kale in a taco. Delicious. I marinated the kale in Trader Joes Tahini sauce and it added a little extra flavor
When my husband goes back for a fourth helping, then you know its great food!