Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 610
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; oil lightly.
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl. Soak bread crumbs until milk is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Combine bread crumb mixture, lamb, egg, garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, rosemary, cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Form lamb mixture into 2-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook meatballs in the preheated oven until they are slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine meatballs, tomato sauce, chicken stock, fresh mint, and red pepper flakes in a large sauce pan over medium heat until meatballs are no longer pink inside, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 43.5 24.4 31.3 154 2323 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
I made this the other night and hubby absolutely LOVED it! We've recently changed our eating habits from less beef to more lean meats like Lamb and Bison. I was at a loss as to what to make with...
I chose to not make the red sauce and serve it over angel hair pasta which was tossed with butter and pecorino romano. Parmesan would I think also be lovely as it is milder. The flavor profile o...
I made just the meatballs and added to a store bought sauce. They were so tasty! I was really surprised. I used oatmeal and panko crumbs because that's what I had.
The combination of spices for the meatballs here is unbelievably delicious (cumin, cinnamon etc.). I use it for all of my lamb recipes (lamb burgers, lamb stuffed peppers, etc). Great job Chef J...
I was so impressed by how good this turned out!! I had 1lb of ground lamb on hand and was just looking for a simple recipe to make without going back to the store. Some alterations: used a jar o...
AMAZING! Minutes into starting this recipe I realized my eggplant was rotten so I was forced to omit it, I thought my meatballs might not turn out the same as others but the recipe held up well ...
This was delicious. While I didn't have any mint on hand I did have everything else that the recipe called for and followed the directions as written. This recipe is a keeper and I will make i...