Candied Kumquat Peels
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 121 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place kumquat peels in a sauce pan and cover with water; bring to a boil, drain. Cover with water and boil again.
- Mix sugar and 1/4 cup water in a separate sauce pan and bring to a boil; add peels, lower heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer peels to waxed paper and allow to dry, 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook's Note:
- About 18 kumquats equal 1 cup peels. Peel kumquats by making four equal vertical slices from the top to the bottom of each kumquat. Peel each section.
- If you wish to dip the peels in chocolate, melt 6 to 8 ounces sweet chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Grab with tongs or freshly washed hands and dip in chocolate, covering each side. Lay on wax paper. Remove saucepan from heat every three minutes to prevent burning.
Per Serving: 121 calories; 0.1 g fat; 31.3 g carbohydrates; 0.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1