Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 385
- Place rice and water in a saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to very low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer rice until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove rice from heat and allow to stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Mix red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Fluff rice with a fork and transfer into a large bowl; pour vinegar mixture into the rice and stir to coat rice. Spread rice out onto a large piece of parchment paper and fan the rice until cool. Cover rice with damp paper towels.
- Sprinkle avocado slices with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of sesame seeds onto a sushi mat. Pick up about half a cup of cooled rice and place onto sushi mat in an even layer. Place 1/4 of the cucumber, avocado slices, bell pepper, and zucchini in a line down the middle of the rice.
- Pick up the edge of the sushi mat, fold the bottom edge of the sheet up, enclosing the filling, and tightly roll the sushi into a thick cylinder. Once the sushi is rolled, wrap it in the mat and gently squeeze to compact it tightly. Repeat with remaining ingredients to made 4 rolls. Place rolls on a serving plate, slice into 6 or 8 pieces per roll, and cover with damp paper towels until serving time.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 8.6 69.7 7.5 0 590 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I wasn't at all very impressed with this sushi. The vinegar was just too much just to make a simple roll. If anyone makes this, I'm sure you only need about 1/6 of a cup, because the rice was st...
Epic fail. Do not use this recipe. All the vinegar will not allow the rice to stick and roll.