Layered and Tossed Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
Ingredients40 m servings 270
- Whisk tomato sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise, green salsa, and lime juice together in a bowl until combined. Refrigerate the dressing while making salad.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onion in hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes; stir often. Mix garlic into onion and remove from heat; stir cooked chicken in skillet and allow chicken to warm.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a large salad bowl and sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese; cheese will warm and soften. Top chicken and cheese with cold lettuce and pour dressing over salad. Sprinkle in black olives. Toss salad thoroughly with dressing and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- This salad tastes best when the meat is at room temperature or slightly warm and the dressing and vegetables are cold. If needed, warm chicken in the microwave or heat it in a small amount of chicken broth in a skillet.
- Substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream if desired. Optional salad ingredients included diced tomato, diced avocado, and diced pickled jalapeno peppers.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 23 7.7 9.3 37 469 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this for the Western Faceless Frenzy July 2012. Very easy to throw together and the dressing is a little different than most. Add what you like - I added tomatoes but avocado or some pi...
i would add chopped roma tomatoes and sliced green peppers to the salad yum
Was delish and will be a repeat! I used black beans instead of olives and will add tomatoes next time. The dressing is a little heavy so I would not recommend avocado.