Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 748
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat 6 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy; set yolks aside. Gradually beat in sugar until mixture holds soft peaks. Beat in flour gradually, then beat in milk, reserved egg yolks, melted butter, 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, and baking powder, beating in each ingredient thoroughly before adding the next. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake is browned and crusty on top, no more than 30 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes before gently removing cake to finish cooling.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and half-and-half in a bowl. Pour half the 3-milk mixture into a pan deeper and longer than the cake. Lay the cake into the milk mixture. Use a fork to score deep lines into the top of the cake and pour remaining 3-milk mixture over cake, allowing the mixture to soak in.
- Beat cream cheese with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl with electric mixer until soft and fluffy; gradually beat in cream until frosting is thick and spreadable. Spread over the cake.
Per Serving: 748 calories; 38.3 87.9 14.7 234 421 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 30
I made this cake for my daughters graduation party. It was a big hit. Everyone loved it. People that didn't want cake had one taste and they were asking for seconds. I recommend everyone mus...
I would give this a 10 star if I could. I did make a few changes. I wanted a caramel tres leche cake so I added caramel bits, used cool whip instead of making a topping and topped with caramel ...
I first had this at a brunch and everyone raved about it for days....it is the best cake out there!! thank you for posting this
How can people give such glowing reviews of your recipe and then turn around and say I made a few changes? It obviously ends up not being your recipe, but their own version of your recipe! How i...
Good Cake! needed an adjustment on the frosting. So I did a trial run of this cake prior to making it for my family's Christmas day dessert. The first batch was ok however I did not like the cr...
I tried two tres leches recipes. This one was the third and by far the best. It was delicious. I was planning to save some for another family member but my son and husband devour it before an...
Made this to take to work. Thought the cream cheese frosting would not taste authentic on this cake so I used the Cool Whipped Frosting from this site and it was perfect. It got rave reviews a...
The cake is beyond delicious!!! I chose to add a little sugar to the topping, but I have a sweet tooth.