Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 37 m servings 483 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 oliebollen)
- Tear yeast into small pieces; stir into warm water until dissolved. Add beer; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir hot water and raisins together in a bowl; let stand until plumped, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture and beaten eggs. Mix in raisins and apple. Cover with plastic wrap; leave dough in a warm place to rise, 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Shape scoops of dough into golf-ball-size balls using 2 metal teaspoons; drop carefully into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 19.7 g fat; 70 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 211 mg sodium. Full nutrition