Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 163
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Dust 2 baking sheets with flour.
- Combine brown sugar and butter together in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, and nutmeg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough comes together.
- Shape dough into cookies by hand or using cookie cutters. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm but not hard, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I always flour my baking sheets rather than greasing them when baking; I personally think it has a much better quality. If you do not want to flour the baking sheet, you must grease it.
- If you really want to have a lot of fun, purchase a speculaas plank, which is a wooden mold created especially for these cookies. Flour the mold and gently press the dough in. Flip the mold over the baking sheet and peel the cookie out. I am constantly praised and asked about my gorgeous, delicious cookies and frequently use them as Christmas gifts and treats when I've used the mold.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 8.1 21.1 2 28 27 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1