Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients49 m servings 139 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour in a bowl. Sprinkle salt on top. Add butter, sugar, garlic powder, and dried herbs. Mix together with your fingers. Pour water in gradually; continue to mix by hand until a soft dough is formed.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 7 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth; let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Shape into smooth balls; lightly flatten. Dust with flour and roll into thin circles about 1/16-inch thick and 7 inches in diameter.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry each dough circle until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any dried herbs of your choosing.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 139 calories; 3.2 g fat; 24.1 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 302 mg sodium. Full nutrition