Duncan's Perfect Chocolate Fondants
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Guaranteed melt-in-the-middle hot chocolate fondants. Extremely easy to make using a food mixer, and your guests will love cutting into these to find the hot, rich chocolaty sauce running straight out of the middle. Turn the fondants out of the ramekins onto 6 dessert plates and serve each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients24 m servings 364
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 ramekins)
- Mix 1 teaspoon flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter 6 metal pudding ramekins and use a fine sieve to dust the insides with the flour-cocoa powder mixture.
- Place chocolate and 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bowl from the saucepan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk in 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour gradually until smooth. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate-butter mixture.
- Whisk egg whites together in a bowl, using a clean whisk, until stiff. Fold gently into the chocolate-butter mixture. Pour into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until risen but slightly undercooked inside, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove ramekins from the oven and loosen the sides of each cake with a round-bladed knife.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Mint chocolate chip variation: Add 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint with the melted chocolate and replace the vanilla ice cream with mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- Orange variation: Grate the zest of 3 oranges, and place in the bowl while melting chocolate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 22.9 36.1 5.5 131 136 Full nutrition