Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients52 m servings 370
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place mushrooms and vermicelli in 2 separate bowls with lukewarm water to cover. Let soak until softened, at least 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms and chop into small cubes. Drain vermicelli.
- Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add duck; cook, stirring continuously, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer duck to a bowl.
- Heat about 3 inches vegetable oil in a medium-large pot to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add vermicelli; fry until fritters are crisp and crunchy but not golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the remaining vegetable oil into the wok over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Return duck to the wok; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Place vermicelli fritters on a large plate; pour the duck stir-fry on top. To eat, drizzle hoisin sauce on a piece of lettuce; spoon the duck and vermicelli stir fry on top. Hold the lettuce wrap together with your fingers.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Chinese black mushrooms are also called 'shiitake mushrooms.'
- You can use vegetable, peanut, or corn oil for stir-frying and deep-frying. Do not use olive oil.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 20.4 22.9 24.2 124 217 Full nutrition