Ingredients50 m servings 612 cals
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir mushrooms, onion, and garlic into the melted butter, increase heat to medium-high, and cook and stir the mixture until the mushrooms are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir Marsala wine, chicken stock, brown sugar, lemon juice, molasses, and corn syrup into the mushroom mixture; bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid reduces by about half, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch into cold water in a small bowl. Stream the cornstarch slurry into the Marsala sauce, stirring continually; cook and stir until the sauce thickens, another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook chicken until golden brown until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Arrange each chicken breast into the center of a plate. Drizzle Marsala sauce over each chicken breast; garnish with green onion to serve.
Per Serving: 612 calories; 19.4 g fat; 49.6 g carbohydrates; 27.8 g protein; 95 mg cholesterol; 404 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Didn't have any idea what to do with the chicken tonight so I searched on Allrecipes and decided to make this dish. I didn't have molasses, so sub with brown sugar. My husband and I loved it. Th...
When I first read it I knew it was gonna be too sweet. I cut down on brown sugar and omitted the corn syrup. Still super sweet. I used the juice of a whole lemon to tame it. Also why is there n...
I have made several versions of Chicken Marsala but this is the best by far! My hubby prefers a slightly sweeter version and this was perfect. I made it for dinner this evening with my 2 adult...