Gamja Jorim (Korean Potato Dish)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients32 m servings 319
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Rinse cubed potatoes in a colander under cold water to remove starch; shake well to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir dried chiles until puffed and beginning to blacken, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Place potatoes in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until translucent around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add scallion whites and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Mix in water, soy sauce, corn syrup, and sugar. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove potato saute from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with scallion greens.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use sweet potatoes in place of yellow potatoes, if desired.
- You can use bouillon instead of water.
- It can be as spicy or as tame as you like (just adjust the amount of dried chiles you saute in the beginning, or leave them out).
- If sauce thickens before potatoes are done, add more water and stir well. If sauce hasn't thickened by the time potatoes are finished, remove lid and boil rapidly, making sure to stir constantly, until desired consistency is reached.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 13.7 46.6 5.2 0 1227 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1