Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 377
Original recipe yields 6 servings (60 pelmeni)
- Mix ground chicken, onion, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Sift all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour together in a bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a small bowl. Pour over flour mixture; mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured work surface. Knead, adding the remaining 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, until dough is elastic. Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out 1 piece dough to 1/16-inch thickness. Cut into circles with a 2-inch cookie cutter or water glass. Place 1 teaspoon chicken mixture in the center. Brush edges with water. Fold over into a half-moon shape and seal edges. Repeat with remaining dough and chicken mixture.
- Fill a large pot with water; add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Cook pelmeni in batches until they float to the top, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a platter using a slotted spoon.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1/2 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork for the ground chicken if desired.
- Filled pelmeni can be frozen and boiled when you are ready to serve them.
Per Serving: 377 calories; 3.5 57.1 28.1 78 493 Full nutrition