Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 359 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add rice and salt; cook rice until it starts to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in hot water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine corn and 1 tablespoon butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Soak raisins, cranberries, and golden raisins in a bowl of hot water until puffed up, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Remove rice from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large pot. Add carrot-bell pepper mixture, corn, and raisin mixture. Toss to distribute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cook's Note:
- Use another long-grain rice in place of the basmati if preferred.
Per Serving: 359 calories; 8.4 g fat; 69.4 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 488 mg sodium. Full nutrition