made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 179 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (1 baking tray)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat sugar and 1/2 cup plus 1 3/4 teaspoons butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and salt together in a bowl. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the sugar-butter mixture. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until just combined. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to form a soft batter. Spread batter evenly into a shallow 10x14-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a rack to cool, at least 10 minutes. Cut into 30 squares.
- Place dried coconut in a bowl. Combine 3 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon boiling water, and 2 tablespoons butter in a separate bowl. Add more boiling water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until icing is fairly runny. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and red food coloring.
- Line a tray with waxed paper. Pick up a cake square using a fork and coat it in the icing. Allow excess icing to drip off. Coat the cake in coconut; place on the prepared tray. Repeat with remaining cake squares. Allow icing to set for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use red or green food coloring.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 8.6 g fat; 24.8 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 182 mg sodium. Full nutrition