Australian Meat Pies
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 377
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 single-serving pies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. (Drain and discard grease.) Add 3/4 cup water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon cubes, oregano, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until combined, about 10 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup cold water and cornstarch together in a bowl to form a paste; stir into meat mixture. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Use a 4-inch biscuit cutter to cut the pie crusts into 12 circles. Line each muffin cup with a circle, pressing into the bottom and sides. Fill each with the meat mixture. Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut puff pastry dough into 12 circles. Top each filled muffin cup with with a circle and seal edges together. Brush pastry tops with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are brown and flaky, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan before removing pies, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 377 calories; 24.8 27.6 10.4 39 359 Full nutrition