Lebkuchen Apple Butter
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 10 h 50 m servings 22
Original recipe yields 96 servings (6 pints)
- Combine 4 cups apples and 1/2 cup water in a high-powered blender; puree until smooth. Pour into a large slow cooker. Repeat with remaining apples and water.
- Stir honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves into the apple puree in the slow cooker.
- Cook on High, stirring occasionally, until thickened and brown, about 10 hours.
- Immerse six 1-pint jars in simmering water for 5 minutes. Wash lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Pack apple butter into hot jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, for 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the seal is tight and the lid does not move up or down. Store in a cool, dark area.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cook on Low for 24 hours if preferred.
- Divide among six 1-pint freezer jars and keep in the freezer if preferred. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using.
Per Serving: 22 calories; 0.1 5.9 0.1 0 < 1 Full nutrition