Ingredients35 m servings 308
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Stir oats into boiling water.
- Cook oats until thick and soft, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir milk, cashews, cranberries, coconut, vanilla extract, and cinnamon into cooked oats; continue cooking 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle sugar over the oats to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 12 41.8 10.5 2 233 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 43
I did make a few substitutions in this recipe due to milk allergies/dietary restrictions/using what I had on hand. I used lactose-free milk, chopped pecans instead of cashews, I increased the cr...
This is delicious. I had a bowl this morning with a fresh peach. I didn't have any cashews so substituted pecans nor did I have any coconut. I did add some flax seed at the end of the cooking...
I like a really creamy oatmeal so I used 3 cups of milk and 1 cup of water. I left out the cashews. Very tasty!
I like to sweeten the oatmeal at the end with a little maple syrup. A trick to cut down the cook time is to boil the water and pour it over the oat grout the evening prior. Let it set covered ...
One of the most important things you need to do is to toast the oatmeal first in a dry pan. Ooooh, so good.
I made this for a teacher's breakfast at my children's school. It was a huge hit! So many asked for the recipe and gave me compliments. Thank you for posting this recipe! My changes: I under c...
So so good. Creamy, delicious and nutritious. I also made them vegan. I make a big batch monday and enjoy it all week long.
This was super yummy! This was only my second time making steel cut oats (the first time I made them, I was not impressed - but thought I'd give this recipe a try to see if I could change my mi...