Ingredients7 h 30 m servings 487
- Place dried split peas, ham hock, and bacon into slow cooker; pour in chicken broth and 3 1/2 cups water.
- Cover cooker and cook on High until peas are tender and broken apart, 3 to 4 hours. Stir in more water as needed to prevent soup from burning on the bottom. Stir occasionally throughout cooking.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, leek, onion, celery, and garlic into soup; mix in more water, if needed. Cover and cook soup on High for 2 more hours.
- Season with salt, black pepper, thyme, nutmeg, and cloves; mix sausage slices into soup. Cover and cook 2 more hours to blend the flavors.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 28.7 31.9 25 65 1566 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
UPDATE 4/2/ 2015: Had almost all the ingredients this time (minus the leek)...and it was awesome!! I did not soak the peas overnight. I fried the bacon until crisp and tore into pieces, and I sa...
Love the Dutch name and the soup tastes very good but the recipe has serious problems. The dried split peas are well cooked, breaking up and coloring the soup in an hour or less, nowhere near t...
This soup absolutely rocks! I didn't add the extra salt or pepper. I didn't have any cloves, so I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon. No leek, but added 1/2 of a purple onion. This whole house smells so...
I stayed close to original recipe but omitted the sausage and clove since I didn't have either in the house. My husband text me at work to tell me it was delicious. I can't cook so most of my ...
I really enjoy this recipe. The only thing I omitted was the garlic, and that is only because my husband doesn't like garlic. Also I didn't have any smoked sausage, but I had plenty of ham to ma...
All I have to say is OMG!!!! I was skeptical about this soup but I’m glad I made it. We don’t eat pork so I put some chicken pieces in it along with turkey sausage and some vegetables. Kids and ...
This soup was absolutely delish and a hit with both my hubby and me! My only changes were to use all chicken broth (two 32oz boxes) rather than half water. I also added 1/2 tsp cumin at the sugg...