Ingredients10 h 20 m servings 1054
- Mix pear slices, sherry wine, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, hot chili paste, and sesame oil in a blender until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange short ribs in a 9x13-inch baking dish and coat completely with marinade. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove short ribs to a plate and blot dry with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill short ribs until firm, hot, and slightly pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
Per Serving: 1054 calories; 85.3 24.1 44.8 186 1522 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
I liked this as it is. But I believe the next time I make it, I am going to substitute the Asian pear for pineapple. The main reason is the pineapple has more acidity and will tenderize the meat...
My whole family, 3 kids and all said we will have to make this a "regular recipe"! I couldn't find the Lg Asian pear, so I used a bartlett. All the asian ingredients were available at the groc...
We enjoyed this, marinated for a full 24 hours. Great flavor, made up extra sauce to baste with during grilling.
Delicious! I dis not have fresh pears, but had pear vinegar and it tasted so delicious. Meat was so tender it fell off the bone.
These turned out dynamite! Yet another excellent recipe from Chef John. If you don't regularly watch his videos, you should! I made these per the recipe, but I couldn't get an Asian Pear. Af...
It's soooooooooooo good! 10 out of 10 I would make again! Too much time but worth it!
Very good! The picture showing the rack of ribs shows the wrong kind of ribs for this recipe, though. Those ribs would take way longer than 4 mins per side. You should be getting flanken style r...