Cream of No Cream Ham and Potato Soup
Ingredients50 m servings 361
- Heat vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; cook potatoes, celery, white kidney beans, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until onion is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth over the vegetables and place ham bone into the soup. Bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer soup until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; remove ham bone and 2 cups of vegetables and kidney beans. Place the 2 cups vegetables and beans into a blender and process until pureed.
- Stir chopped ham into soup and pour in the pureed vegetables. Mix in corn and let the soup heat through before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 361 calories; 9.5 57.1 13 13 514 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Not bad. Nice way to use leftover ham. I added some salt, pepper and a bay leaf and it flavored it up nicely.
I enjoyed this soup very much. I like how you puree the veggies to thicken the soup. Brilliant idea wthout adding calories.
Fantastic! I didn't add a thing, and it was delicious. Definitely a keeper!
I loved this soup, but because I did not have any white beans at home, and of course, did not want to go out to the store, I left the soup as a broth. It was delicious without any thickening. I ...
First of all, I wanted to note that this makes more like 12+ servings or more, not 6 as listed. I used small sweet potatoes and large celery stalks/onion. I had to pan fry the veggies in 2 batch...
Wonderful!! I added a leak but accidentally added an entire onion too instead of the 1/4 onion. Still so good. Be very careful how long the bone simmers in the soup. I had a lot of meat/fat ...
Love! I didn't make any real changes to this, but added in green beans that I had as leftovers in the fridge so as to not let them go to waste. As said before in other reviews, this is a great w...