Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 295
- Place pecans into a heavy saucepan over medium heat and toast the nuts, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over pecans and stir constantly until the sugar melts to a light brown syrup and coats the pecans. Immediately pull the pan off the heat; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Turn hot pecans out onto a piece of parchment paper and cool thoroughly; break apart any large clumps. Set candied pecans aside.
- Whisk 3/4 cup sugar, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and maple flavoring in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk in half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Mix the candied pecans into the softly-frozen ice cream. Sprinkle servings with a pinch of coarsely ground sea salt.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 16.6 33.5 4.9 80 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This ice cream is awesome! The only difference was I used heavy whipping cream instead of half and half, and it was still awesome! So delicious! I definitely will be making this again real soon!
I’m always apprehensive about eating raw eggs, so I cooked the eggs with the sugar and ½ cup of light cream in a double boiler, stirring constantly with a whisk until the mixture achieved 160°. ...
This is really good ice cream. It was fast & simple to make and the instructions are easy to follow. I made two modifications for my own taste, those being reducing the sugar to a half cup, and ...
I thought it was good. Had a little bit of an after taste to it but not bad. I would make this one again.
This ice cream tastes like the very best butter pecan ice cream you can find. I sometimes replace part of the half and half with whipping cream, because it makes a richer and smoother ice cream....
Tried this and it was wonderful! Substituted out 1 cup of the half and half for a cup of heavy whipping cream to make it a little richer. Absolutely great!
I had a quart of heavy cream I needed to use up so I increased the servings to 12 and adjusted the recipe. I used all heavy cream and ommitted the salt because my mom is funny about sweet and s...