Pecan Caramel Ice Cream
Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 250 cals
- Place caramel ice cream topping into a microwave-safe container and heat in microwave until slightly warmed and softened, 10 to 30 seconds.
- Whisk caramel topping, milk, sweetened condensed milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract and salt in a large mixing bowl until pudding mix has dissolved and batter is smooth.
- Cover bowl and chill batter thoroughly, at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Pour chilled batter into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions; stir pecans into soft ice cream at end of freezing time.
- Serve soft if desired. If a harder ice cream is preferred, pack pecan ice cream into a lidded container and freeze to desired consistency.
- Cook's Notes:
- Glazed pecan candies can be used in this recipe just as easy with great results. We use homemade sweetened condensed milk in this recipe.
- Use vanilla, cheesecake, or coconut-flavored instant pudding mix.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 10.6 g fat; 36.4 g carbohydrates; 4.9 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 285 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Too sweet, the condensed milk taste is rather strong, and the texture just isn't right. I made this in my counter-top ice cream maker and after the churn cycle, it was still rather runny so I p...
I love ice cream and my ice cream maker gets used 2-3 times a week if not more. I made this recipe and it was a huge hit at my house! I have never seen ice cream disappear that fast. What are yo...
Great...but I found it to be almost too sweet. Next time, I'm gonna leave out the sweetened condensed milk...