Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 342 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green onions and garlic in the hot oil until the garlic is fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Stir in spinach, cover skillet, and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer spinach to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in same skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Cook and stir mushrooms until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Squeeze any moisture from spinach mixture and stir into mushrooms. Beat eggs in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir eggs into the spinach-mushroom mixture; thoroughly stir in feta and jalapeno yogurt cheeses.
- Spoon the mixture back into the skillet; use a spoon to level surface. Wipe any filling from edge of skillet above the filling with a paper towel.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the quiche is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into slices.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 26.7 g fat; 3.6 g carbohydrates; 20.7 g protein; 159 mg cholesterol; 735 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This was very good. I never heard of jalapeno yogurt cheese, so I used 1 1/2 c. plain yogurt and a 1/4 t. of my Sister's dried, homegrown habenero. Yahoo! I preferred the quiche on this site ...
We loved it! I just made it for a mid-afternoon meal for my college-aged kids and everyone gave it rave reviews! The only changes I made to the recipe is I used 6 eggs instead of 4. And I used r...
I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a 9x13 casserole dish. It was the first thing all gone from the brunch table at our retreat. I used feta and cheddar cheese instead of the yogurt cheese.
I made this for a girls get away weekend and it was loved by all. I followed the advise of others and used the pepper jack cheese rather than the yogurt cheese and it was fabulous. We have a co...
I modified the recipe to make it a little healthier. I used 6 eggs and 1/2 the amount of cheese. For the cheese, I used Publix reduced fat feta (4oz) and Cabot's 50% less fat jalapeño cheese (8o...
First time I made it I actually had jalapeño yogurt cheese . It was easy to make and the taste was great. Since then I've made this at least 20 times. Each time I use whatever cheese I have on h...
Great recipe!! Only thing I would change is the name. A crustless quiche is a frittata. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
Feta cheese with either pepper jack, cheddar, even mozzarella. To make it a little spicier, add either roasted hot peppers or the oil used to roast hot peppers.